Friday, April 18, 2008

Woken Up by an Earthquake last night

See, you DON'T have to move to Cali to say that!! That was really kinda cool though. Since I was in North Carolina on Spring Break when all those big tornadoes happened this is like the first cool natural disaster that I have ever been a part of!

Honestly though if you ever want to feel what a minor quake feels like (I'm guessing it was about a 1.0-er if that for me) go try to sleep on a huge tour bus. The swaying back and forth on the bus on the highway is the EXACT same feeling. That's not necessarily a good thing either. Trying to sleep on the "third story" (highest bunk) of a tour bus with no windows to look out but a huge swaying back and forth is far from comforting.

That was my cool news of the morning though. Hopefully there will be a good aftershock too.

No comments: