Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Summer all year round

I've been told the first step to recovery is to admit that I cannot control my addiction, so here it goes:


Over the course of the semester I've gone through, at the very least, thousands of sunflower seeds. That was my very first cupful of seeds. Not sure why I took the picture at the time, but I'm glad I did because since then I have gone through about one cupful every week. As I type I'm topping off another cup.

I started this one on Sunday.

Heck, as far as addictions gained in the first semester of college go, I'm right on par with being addicted to crayons in 1st grade.

Why seeds rock:

  • With the constant packages of sugary goods floating north from the nati (thanks, Mom) a little salty snack always sounds good.
  • Raining outside? Cold? Too lazy to get off my butt and make some REAL food? Seeds are always there for me. Kinda like cigs to some people, but like, 5000% cheaper.
  • I think its probably in the same catagory as celery in that "you actually lose weight by eating them." Suck it freshman 15.
  • It feels like spring training in December.

So, if anyone needs any early Christmas ideas for me, look no further than your local Sam's Club -->>>


3 comments:

achilles3 said...

I just realized what I miss about the states.
seeds

I don't even know if I can bring them back but i'm gonna try...

and chicks love sunflower seedy smiles...and smells

the cool ones anyway

calencoriel said...

So...how big's the cup? I mean how bad a habit are we talking here?

joey said...

id go a rough guesstimate of about 12-16 ounces

actually the cup in the picture is ont the kind i ususally use, i actually went out and bought a pack of cheap styrofoam "spit cups" specifically for that. paraphernalia if you must...