Monday, November 26, 2007

Black Light Special

I can say with a great deal of confidence that this past Friday was the first time I have ever woken up before the crack of dawn while on a "vacation" of any sort when fish weren't involved. Ever since I could recognize a good sale in the newspaper (and had the money to actually make a few purchases) I've had a sick desire to experience the "BLACK FRIDAY" (spooky sounding, eh?) rush.


So, this year, Dad and I (yes, I'm pretty sure we were the only two white males together I saw all day) woke up bright and early at 5:00, grabbed a coffee, and headed out to Staples to get in line for those thumb drives and DVDs. A couple observations I made throughout the day...

1.) DVDs are dirt cheap this year. You can get full seasons of anything that didn't air on HBO for $15 bucks or less if you look around (see: Target, Circut City).
2.) America really can be a sick, sick, place if you just stop and look around. I'm not trying to say, "BOO CAPITALISM!!!!!1!1!" or anything, I was there right along with everybody (see: below). Just the pure numbers of people everywhere from Target to friggin' Pep Boys (yes, Pep Boys, they had some great car-GPS prices) had a crowd.
3.) The downfall of the guitar is imminent. And don't think that it will stop there.
4.) Tickle Me Elmo EXTREME! is hilarious on four hours of sleep.

Our prize purchase of the day, you ask? Office Max, of all places, had some crazy deals on monitors of all types, computer, TV, and projections. For the past year or so we have been contemplating converting the basement into our own common-man-home-theatre (if there is such a thing), and when there is an HD projector with a free 80-inch screen included (which costs only a hundred less than the actual projector), we caved.

The conversion should probably have been a weekend project, but I kind of blew my load when I got home, and by 8:00 that night we were watching a life-size Will Ferrell in Elf.


Mom will kill me for showing the interweb the mess, and honestly the picture doesn't quite do it justice, but this is the best photo-evidence I have.

Note to self: 2,000 lumens is really, REALLY freaking bright when directly shined into cornea.

3 comments:

achilles3 said...

a. good riddance to the guitar...music needs a break.
c. that screen is bigger than my whole bong! nice work!
d. totally unrelated...now that I am online at my place I officially switched to firefox...wow wow wow!
1000% times better in 100 ways!
are you still on it???

joey said...

im on opera, i like firefox a lot too though. it seems like it is finally getting some solid footing and computers are being released with it preloaded on.

like old gym shorts, the longer i DONT use explorer, the more i realize how bad it really smells.

achilles3 said...

you are sooo right...smeller's the feller