Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Old Dog Learning New Tricks

Old is such a relative word, I love it (for now at least). I've dabbled in Photoshop (R) for about (holy crap...) six years now but have stuck to the photo-editing side of it for most of that time. It wasn't until last year that I really dove head first into the design aspect of it. Well, tonight I had a heaping chuck of free time for the first time in a week or two, so I decided it was high time to take my tablet PC to the max and give free-hand a little try.

Disclaimer: I am in no way an artist. Really the only exercise my right-side gets is through Photoshop. If you want to see an artist, look elsewhere. And yes, chemguy, I did find out about that through your blog. I'm a grade A creeper.
Without futher adieu:

The Blueprint.



My ultra-300-esque back, with what could potentially be inked on me in the coming year. Nothing definite yet, but I think I have a place at least. And before the "don't get a tattoo" talk comes, I know, I know.

EDIT: Here is a larger image. And for the record, I did draw it on, and it shows once you see it a little bigger. Here is what I was thinking of, and here is where it came from. Like always, every tattoo has a story, but that story will be for another day/if/when I actually get it.

6 comments:

DanEcht said...

Awesome. I say go for it, and it's a sweet place to put a tat.

achilles3 said...

you got her sire through you heard me!

achilles3 said...

oh wait maybe not

joey said...

I am curious, what is the real-world connection to said artist? Is there one?

PHSChemGuy said...

Your call on the tat...it's not my kinda thing, but I've got nothing against other folks getting 'em...

I would like a bigger pic of the design, though...

joey said...

Yea, I'm not sure why it got compressed so bad. I'll definitely get another picture up. And the design isn't exactly final, I'm throwing around a few in my head and on photoshop. Trying to go for the best combination of originality, realism (in terms of cost/ability to actually translate to skin), and non-doushebagginiess (no offense ;-] ).