Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This is the New School....

I hate writing. I really do.

I would much rather be talking to you right now. Talking is a lot easier. The whole grammar thing is such a downer when it comes to the written word.

BUT... I feel that the situation I am in right now is so unique that it begs telling. Nay, TYPING.


Actually, unique is not really a good word. I'm just one of the millions of college age kids out there currently living in what is commonly thought of as "the best years of our lives." Jeez, what a happy thought.

Let me paint the picture a little more clear. I'm currently going to a private school with a catholic (marianist to be specific) affiliation. It's probably a little more towards the conservative side overall (well, as conservative as a college in the 21st century gets... hint: not very), but other than that, just think of it as "college." Honestly, as of now at least, I don't think that "where" is going to matter as much as the ... well... everything else.

Oh, and yes, the title is a homage to the greatest movie of all time, "Old School." Truly a classic. And also because probably the majority of the people reading this went to college back in like, the 1870s or something. I thought it was strangely apropos for that reason too.

To close it out, I can almost guaruntee right off the bat that this will be the longest and most confusing entry ever. I know this for two reasons. One, I have always sucked at introductions.



And, I hate writing.

1 comment:

achilles3 said...

pitch perfect!