Saturday, December 22, 2007

Watched I Am Legend Tonight....


Talk about a meh movie. It wasn't bad by any means, but it most definitely wasn't good. This is one of those movies that is extremely hard to talk about without mentioning spoilers (which, by the way, have been mentioned so much in this kind of context that any surprise is completely eradicated) so I won't say much.





Basically two things came to mind. One, I really miss having a dog. Two, Will Smith is still a mediocre at best actor. This movie was kind of doomed from the start I guess. I cannot think of a good action actor that could carry a plot completely on his own how this part asks. John Travolta would be the best bet. At least he pulls off the crazy-guy part well.





The-Pixar-movie-about-the-rat-chef (sorry, too lazy to figure out the spelling of the title right now) that I watched this morning, now THAT was quality film-making. I hate movies that make me feel like crap when I'm "walking out of the theatre" so to say (even though I haven't gone to a theatre on my own accord since, like, Talledega Nights). I Am Legend skated this fine line a little to close for my liking. Rat-chef, on the other hand, never got within two area codes of it.

Rat-chef FTW.

Fun Fact: google-imaging "rat chef" brings up almost exlusively images from said movie

Great minds must think alike...

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Hey, here's a question...

If they sealed off the island so the disease couldn't get from ground zero to the rest of the US...how did Ana and Ethan get to Manhattan? and then, how did they get to Vermont?

And...I think Will Smith is a damn fine actor. He showed every range of emotion in that flick. As much as it depressed/scared the crap out of me, I liked the movie b/c of Smith's performance. I'm sorry Joey, but the part where he picks the kid up to take him to bed about made me weep...

Name a movie I should go see b/c it has a happy ending...none of the movies I saw this year had a happy ending and I need to change that and I only have 4 days left to do it!

andrew said...

The plot was a great concept.

The writer just mauled it though. Will did his best, and he's no slouch of an actor (just finished watching I, Robot), but the writing was awful. Not much he can do bout that.

Ana and Ethan coulda stolen (is it stealing if the guy you're taking it from is dead) a ferry and come over, and then taken said ferry back off of the island...

calencoriel said...

It's not stealing if the guy is dead.

Unless...the guy you're stealing from is a 19 year old pharoh who had a lot of cool stuff.