Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Need a little pick-me-up

School sucks, co-op applications suck, the work never ends.

Took a little timeout to venture over to Youtube, started at watching football highlights, then came across this Lou Holtz speech compilation (with weirdly, the first one repeated..)



From there on, took a little break to venture onward in the motivational speech realm.


Greatest sports-movie speech, IMO:



A little piece from Hoosiers, much better movie than Any Given Sunday:


I've linked it numerous times, but if this doesn't wake you up, nothing will. It gets me every time:


For this clip alone, "New Noise" by Refused will forever be a staple on my workout playlist. Every time it reaches that point I feel like I'm walking out into the Astrodome:


I know why this never made it over the pond, but damned if it isn't a great commercial. Nike's marketing department is grade A:


I think I just ran through a wall....

2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

That Nike commercial might be their best yet...

And I had to wipe off my monitor after the Lou Holtzsch schpeeches.

joey said...

I agree, I like the much happier mood than the whole "Leave Nothing" Shawne (with a w) Merriman and Steven Jackson ones. Then once it got to the ending it was a very goosebumpy "I see what you did there" type ending.

And yea, same. But nonetheless, I really want to get around to making a list of outrageous goals. And much of his advice or whatever you want to call it really does make sense. I admit though, I'm a huge fan. Very good autobiography too, if you're interested (96% sure you're not).