Sunday, August 17, 2008

It Tickles the Throat




Ginger Beer is not Root Beer.

Mom grabbed some A.J. Stephan's "Jamacian Style" Ginger Beer from Jungle Jims a few weeks ago for me because I'm a big weirdo and like drinking different things. Like chugging straight club soda... then having it come back up all over my biology teacher's floor.... or flavoring said club soda.... but I digress...

Think Ginger Ale cubed, and you have a solid idea of what this "Ginger Beer" is like. Probably a more accurate description would be to think of the taste of straight ginger that is a side in most sushi and carbonate it. I know if you aren't a sushi freak such as I that doesn't help much, but it works. So suck it.

The after taste is straight ginger with a heaping load of burning. Yes, burning. Something with the method of carbonation or something really makes this rough on even a healthy throat. It's a mild burn that lasts a solid 15-20 seconds. Usually the only time a man has to utter that sentence is to a proctologist after a night of B-dubs blazin' wings. Mmmmm buffalo sauceeeeee.

Ginger Beer however, has no wonderous buffalo sauce, yet still the burn (though admittedly, not in the anus.... which is courteous...)

2/5 on the J-Ged ruff ryder taste test scale

3 comments:

achilles3 said...

mmm spicy garlic.
i do miss that

calencoriel said...

You know I kept that Club Soda bottle for about a year after the blue food coloring/banana imitation flavoring incident.

Almost as fun as trying to fill 500 water balloons with jello...

joey said...

spicy garlic is ole' reliable of bdubs sauces. never has been my favorite, but whenever we get it ill always eat my fill.... hot bbq ftw.

and the look on e-bot's face when i spewed everywhere on your floor... priceless. unforgettable.