Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Chad Who?"

It looks like there is a new Cincinnati favorite arising, and to my shock and surprise, he doesn't don the orange and black.



I may not be ordering a jersey yet, but I'd be lying if I tried to act like I haven't checked the price...


Sure, Bruce is not the savior of the franchise. He is a piece, though. Maybe the sudden rise of Volquez (a true talent at SP for once?!!?!) is more reason to be excited, but hitting fills the seats. Just that has happened since Bruce has arrived, too. For the Pirates series, in which Bruce made his MLB debut, attendance was hovering right around 17,000, excluding the always popular Indians series.

For the 3-game series against the Braves (admittedly, a team that probably has a higher draw anyways), attendance more than doubled to an average of 37,181. Barring a terrible away stretch, I imagine those numbers are going to continue for at least the next few home games.

I know I plan on making a game, before I wake up...

1 comment:

achilles3 said...

I heart Bruce!