Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The pig says, "My wife is a slut."

When I see this:



This conversation is all that goes through my head:
Elaine: I don't remember , but it certainly wasn't this. Look at this cartoon in the New Yorker, I don't get this.
Jerry: I don't either.
Elaine: And you're on the fringe of the humor business.
George: Hey!
Elaine: Hey! George look at this.
George: That's cute.
Elaine: You got it?
George: No , never mind.
Elaine: Come on , We're two intelligent people here. We can figure this out. Now we got a dog and a cat in an office.
Jerry: It looks like my accountant's office but there's no pets working there.
Elaine: The cat is saying " I've enjoyed reading your E-mail".
George: Maybe it's got something to do with that 42 in the corner .
Elaine: It's a page number.
George: Well , I can't crack this one.
Elaine: Aahh! this has got to be a mistake.
George: try shaking it...(long pause) Well ,Janet should be here any minute.


Seriously, the New Yorker is really not funny. Or good at political cartoons... Just ineffective. To be completely honest, there were three reasons I posted this:
1.) Seinfeld references are always good.
2.) I want to see what everyone's favorite greek hero had to say about this. Free speech win out? How dare they blaze on Obama? This comic sucks? All of the above? My curiousity got the best of me.
3.) I really badly needed to post something.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

I tend to enjoy the New Yorker's cartoons, but I have absolutely no idea what they're trying to say in this one.

Maybe that the stimulus bill was written by a bunch of monkeys.

joey said...

That was my best guess.

achilles3 said...

I'll have more but first a small correction...The New Yorker didn't publish this- The New York Post.
And they have been a steaming pile doo doo for a long time.
More soon.