Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Woes of fantasy football

I am cursed:

No kidding, this was my fantasy team at the beginning of the year:

Yes it's a weird roster set up, I know.

QB: Tom Brady - shit.
RB: Julius Jones - considering he was going to be the go-to guy with Morrice injured, he has been very unimpressive.
RB: Chris Johnson - the rookie on the Titans, the one player I'm not totally disappointed in.
RB/WR: Reggie Bush - Don't get it twisted, he's a wide reciever/utility player; not a running back.
WR: Braylon Edwards - Finally got his head out of his ass on Monday, we'll he where he goes.
TE/WR: Roy Williams - Just traded after a highly unproductive year.
TE: Kellen Winslow - Just was released from the hospital for a pretty serious non-football illness.
DP: Patrick Willis - OK I lied, he hasn't been bad either. Still, a defensive player isn't winning any games.
D: Giants - Injuries and no Strahan has left a mark.


I kid you not.
Cursed I tell ya.

5 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

And I've gone the other way...my team has really surprised me (Phillip Rivers, Santana Moss, Forte in Chicago).

I've had those seasons, however, where the team looked good to start the year and ended up like a huge pile of manure.

It's like being a Bengals fan, I would imagine.

joey said...

I have a knack for picking rookie RB's that explode (Chris Johnson this year, Peterson last year) but you may have outdone me with Forte. Very nice.

On the bright side, I have two more reasons to hate the Browns.

calencoriel said...

I'd love to share my fantasy line up with you, but wait...that's right, no one invited me to their league!

hey, but thanks for linking to my blog - that's cool!

Wanna help me grade 37 IA's tonight?

joey said...

dude. you know i want you on ours. we have nine teams, do you realize how incredibly difficult having a fair playoff with nine teams?! major brain fart on my part.


and heck yes. lemme at it. Except only the really think-they're-hot-shit-kids. I'll put them in their place.

achilles3 said...

i'm in the same 16 team league i've been in for 14 years.
and I'm having my worst season yet.
ugh