Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Opera is snazzy.

That's it. I've had it. No more constant freezing from Internet Explorer. Not on MY watch.

I've never had a problem on any desktops, but IE 7 on laptops (see: mine) is horrendous. NO I do not want to send an error report! I want to surf the internet.

And in an effort to not be a conforming anti-Microsoft protester, I searched the options to go to something a little more snazzy than Firefox. Admittedly, I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted.

Opera roxors my nerdburger  soxors. (As a side note, Nintendo agrees). 

For one, it has a password storing feature, THAT ACTUALLY WORKS (take note, Bill, or, whoever). I would liken it more to the Google Autofill feature more than IE's sick excuse. All I do is double-tap (yes, because I'm cooler than you) my wand and BLAMO! I'm logged in. No need to autofill then tap somewhere else. It all goes for you.

And if you're like me, you really only go to about ten websites (if that) regularly anyways. Opera understands my needs (it's not you IE, it's me. Well acutally, yea, it is you.). Speed Dial is the best idea since bookmarks.

Tabbed browsing? Check. Cool-Firefox-type-addons? Check. Feeling of superiority to those around you? Double-check.

Oh, and it loads pages faster (youTube marathon away), so stick that up your pipe...

3 comments:

achilles3 said...

i might have to check that out too. I hate explorer. It refuses to:
A. Get better.
B. Listen to it's users!

UGH!

joey said...

here here.

the one disclaimer is that since opera is less mainstream, there are some times when it just wont load parts of the page (rare, but i feel like i should mention)

really the only time i have a problem with it is when im using the site the school uses to turn in papers and stuff. they are IE only. boo.

Anonymous said...

Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying the Opera browser. :)

Daniel
Opera Software