Friday, May 22, 2009

Top 5

Let the debate begin:

Today's theme, hip-hop.

Top 5 to blow up in '09
If you have read my facebook/hung out with me at all, this one you prob know already, because I don't shut up about this....

5.) Eminem - Cop out? Yes. After a nearly four year hiatus, rap's #1 white boy is back on the map. The end of Relapse proves that his best may still be ahead. The key to the success of Relapse to is minimizing the "Slim Shady" persona and just being Marshall Mathers. Either way, when he is at his best no one else in the game (and possibly ever) can rhyme so effortlessly. He is one of the best ever.

4.) Saigon - Playing yourself as a regular on a show as big as Entourage for a season really helps getting your name out. Now that the woes with his label are long in the past, it is only up from here.

3.) Tyga - This is the biggest gamble, since he has been here and there since '07. He is just too good to be a career opening act in my mind.

2.) Kid Cudi - With backing from the likes of Kanye West and Common, it's hard not to blow up. Oh, he can hold his own too, which helps.

1.) Drake - It's already happening with Best I Ever Had. Successful is my favorite, Lust for Life really shows off his R&B versatility, which - combined with him getting a big paycheck soon - is the main reason he is my no brainer #1 to blow in '09.

No comments: